1. You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Louisiana State Law states that your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop.
2. Your car is the second largest investment you're likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
3. Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damage. If the damage would cause the vehicle to fail an inspection, it is not safe to drive. Have the vehicle towed to the shop of your choice.
4. Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your car at our shop and ask that the insurance company inspect the car here.
5. You are not required by law to obtain more than one estimate or appraisal.
6. Differences in repair estimates are very common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you're not sure why one estimate is different from another you've received, please ask us. We will be glad to go over each line of the estimates to explain any differences.
7. Choose a shop that has uni-body repair equipment and certified technicians (by I-CAR or ASE, for example). All of Allen's Body Shop's technicians are I-CAR trained and ASE certified. We have also invested in two state-of-the art frame machines (Car-O-Liner machines) that ensure proper structural repairs that can measure accurately to the millimeter.
8. Ask if the shop will be using genuine manufacturer (OEM) replacement parts. Aftermarket parts do not restore your vehicle to PRE ACCIDENT condition. Allen's Body Shop will always prefer to use OEM parts. Depending on your make and model, we can often negotiate with our parts dealers to use OEM parts even if the insurance company has written Aftermarket on their estimate.
9. Ask if the shop offers a repair warranty. We warranty our repair work for as long as you own the vehicle.
10. Let us help you negotiate your claim with the insurance company. This can often be a hassle for the car owner. We work with these companies every day. Each company has different guidelines for approving additional repairs. We will contact the company directly and get approval for anything extra that may be needed to restore your car to pre-accident condition.